L'Internationale 470 Recrute
The International 470 Class Association is looking for a Class Executive Director to carry out, on behalf of the Management Committee, a list of tasks identified in the related job description here attached.
This Class Executive Director function is planned as a reimbursed occupation of the envisaged candidate. The total budget which the Class Association has allocated will be between 25.000,00 to 30.000,00 EUR per year (gross costs, including all taxes and social fees to be paid by the Class Association and/or by the Class Executive Director). Associated travel costs and accommodation are excluded.
Class Executive Director person’s description is expected as follows:
1. to be or have been a racing sailor of small boats (ideally the 470, or other dinghies or inshore keelboats);
2. to be fluent in written and spoken English, being able to write accurate, courteous English to a very high level;
3. to have a high level education;
4. to be highly experienced in Class and World Sailing affairs;
5. to have excellent relationship skills and a demonstrated ability to work with committees;
6. to be available to work flexible hours, including during Saturdays and Sundays, and to respond by e-mail 52 weeks a year within maximum 2 days;
7. to be highly “computer literate”, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, experienced in preparation of publications for the Website or for printing and to have a deep understanding of the use and risks of the internet;
8. not to have any conflict of interest, such as any work relationship with: World Sailing, other Olympic Classes, national sailing federation(s), or National 470 Class Association(s).
9. to be willing to travel inter-continentally by air.
The deadline for sending the candidature and CV is 2300hrs UTC on 13th December 2020. The Management Committee will then shortlist the candidates who will be notified of their inclusion in such shortlist. The final decision is intended to be made by the end of 2020 in view of a job beginning as early as January 2021.